10 G’s to Get Random with Lady Sovereign | Brad’s Pre-High School Mixtape (Part 1)
We’re officially back from our extended leave, and it’s Brad’s turn to run down his mixtape of songs he listened to pre-high school. Whereas Sean’s “mixtape” was predicibly pretty cool all things considered, Brad’s mixtape is… not. Enjoy?
- The inevitably lengthy discussion of the Sick New World festival
- Disassembling computer towers to burn an American Hi-Fi song
- The profundity of “Understanding in a Car Crash”
- Is it pronounced “Alex is on Fire” or “Alexis on Fire”?
- Did any musician age worse than The Streets?
- The Zach Slow, Jelly Donut, and Lady Sovereign saga
- The Toadies vs. Oasis battle at Brad’s high school
- The time Brad got in trouble because of Fatboy Slim
- The time Brad and his friend got in trouble because of Ludacris
- The highs and lows of the turntablism genre
- Rahzel making the music with his mouth
- A terrifying electronic music video
- And, of course, Methods of Mayhem
The Jelly Donut freestyle urging Lady Sovereign to get random with Zach Slow
The Fallout from Lady Sovereign’s concert and Jelly Donut’s parking lot freestyle
The terrifying video for Lamb’s “B-Line”
You can listen to Sean discuss his much better pre-high school mixtape here.